Saturday, March 14, 2020

all alone in space and time, there's nothing here but what here's mine

I had a v. hermity day at the end of the world. I did, however, still manage to shower and put on pants, so I think I'm #winning. Of course, they were comfy joggers rather than actual pants, but I'm going to count them.

I spent most of the day doing stuff around the kitchen - first up, of course, was setting up my new coffeemaker, which is identical to my old coffeemaker, which is nice since now I have an extra carafe. I also chopped up a ton of veggies - I bought fresh produce last week and knew I couldn't cook all of it before it went bad, so I made a whole bunch of different packets of stuff for future soups and instant pot meals. So now my freezer has the ingredients for four batches of chili, two batches of palak paneer, a couple of packets of peppers for stirfrys, and some of the ingredients for chicken tortilla soup. I still need to chop up some carrots and celery, and I want to make chicken and wild rice soup and also chicken chile verde with the rest of the veggies in my fridge over the next few days, but I'm feeling pretty well stocked.

I did take a break to sit on my patio even thought it was somewhere around 46 degrees; one of my awesome outdoor blankets made it almost bearable, but I talked to my mom while I did it, and eventually my phone-holding hand got too cold to stay out there. So I came back in to wrap up the conversation. And then I spent some quality time reorganizing my pantry - you can tell that isolation and low-level brooding over pandemics is yielding some weird results, since I would rarely choose to spend my Saturday night organizing my pantry. And then I binged six episodes of Schitt's Creek, which I've heard good things about but never watched - this is another sign that weirdness is simmering, since I never binge watch tv.

But I drank two moscow mules while doing that, so at least I had that going for me - I'm making cocktails until my limes run out, then switching to wine, so I think I'm prepped for awhile. And then I did some day job work for the last hour, since days and hours are meaningless now. And now I'm going to go to bed and see what mysteries tomorrow holds - goodnight!

No comments: